In this class it is
expected that students
will do the following:
- Spend adequate
time outside class on
Math 1160. You should expect to spend at least 2-3
outside class for each 50 minutes in class. Often more than 3 hours is
required to learn the material.
- Read all assigned
sections in the
text and do all other assigned material.
- Attempt all
- Do all of the online homework problems.
If there is not enough time, do as many as you can.
- Know what happens
in class every day.
- Ask and answer
questions in class.
- When group work is
required, work as
a member of the team.
- Read all comments
on corrected papers.
- Use pencil on all written assignments,
quizzes, and tests.
Expectations of the instructor:
- Make expectations clear.
- Give and use a reasonable grading policy.
- Get exams, quizzes, and homework back in a reasonable amount of
- Be available to help students.
- Allow student feedback, assessment, on the class
- Set a level of expectation that is adequate to
students for future classes. This needs to be attainable for students
who are prepared for Math 1160.
- Give students direction on what material must be
Jay Treiman: jay.treiman at wmich.edu